Life is short, but people do get lot of time in fact to the extent that they get bored of it. I have gone through that time too. I understand there are times when due to reasons nothing looks good and one don't feel like doing anything. But it’s important to get yourself involved with the things you like. Like developing hobbies and many other things, this not only helps developing yourself and knowing things better. Here are few things I have explored and tired to kill boredom, hope it helps someone.
- Chatting: There are many chatting service providers. Yahoo, Rediff, MSN, Skype and a lot many others. The good thing about them is that you get open to a lot of people on net all are one of a kind. It will help you to know people and save you from getting bored.
- Blogging: There are many thing you can do by blogging. From giving your opinion to developing reader fans to earning money etc. And there are many such service providers like Blogspot, Google Pages, TypePad, WordPress, Weebly, and many more. There are many paid ones also but for the starters it will be good to have a working hand on the free ones and they are really good.
Blogs: Someone has to read the blog too. There are lots of good blogs available with various stuffs, information, things to do, music, movies, fun stuffs, life styles, science and technology, news, stories, personal opinions. Here are few interesting blogs I have listed, I am sure you can find more on web. Reading
- Movies: There are reviews, trailers, news, awards and many happening things to explore. Some are so interesting, some are normal and there are many time wasting movies. Help yourself to save time to find what to see and what to avoid, so that you can see more what you like to, rather then wasting time on something not so good to watch. There are the places on World Wide Web you can read about them. There are few interesting movies I have seen and are of my interests. Here are few which I like, A Beautiful Mind (2001), The Matrix, Species, MIB, Chameli, The Pursuit of Happyness, Bee Movie, Ratatouille, Wednesday.
- Games: Wow! When it comes to games I am always ready. They are cute, controllable, and inspired by life. I am a total gaming freak. It helps me to think fast, logical, control computer much better and of course helps in killing time as nothing else. Many free online and offline games available. Hope it helps you.
- Learning Computers: There are many online tutorials that are good to learn many things. For about computers to learning programming languages and various others related things. I have found this very helpful LearnersTV.com; it has covered various subjects in the following fields.
- Biology Courses
- Physics Courses
- Chemistry Courses
- Maths Courses
- Computer Courses
- Medical Courses
- Engineering Courses
- Management Courses
I have seen lectures in Computer notes and found them very interesting. The topics that are covered are:
- Introduction to Java Programming
- Computer Science-Understanding Computers and the Internet
- XML Foundations Course
- Operating Systems and System Programming
- Fundamentals of C Programming
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Computer Graphics
- Database Management System
- Internet Technologies
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Data Communication
They alone may not be very helpful for you to learn things but if someone is desperate enough to learn, along with a good book, I think these lectures are going to be more then help.
Another good place to look for learning computer language and related things is O'Reilly; they have lots and lots of books on the subject. I am sure this site may not be un-familiar to anyone in the field of computer science. I am sure you can find the book of your choice.
- To be continued..................